Thursday, June 19, 2008

Capiz in History: Watchtower fortifications in Barra and Dumulog Capiz

The Agustinian Friars, now inexistent in my home province, were probably the founding fathers of present day civilization in my country. I wonder how many families were fathered by errant Friars who strayed the path. 

Before I wander to some other topic, the Agustinians are said to have ordered watchtower fortifications over hilly cliffs overlooking the sea to protect the township.

Wow.  

Thanks to the blog owner of Muog.wordpress.om  who has been diligently posting these valuable historical descriptions of past Architecture in my hometown.

http://muog.wordpress.com/2008/01/28/watchtowers-of-capiz-•-barangay-dumulog-and-barra-roxas-city/

It's a big pity, no pictures or drawings exist of how things used to be.

sigh


=========

No comments: