Saturday, February 02, 2008

Back to Normal

I'm based in Brussels now, I've only finally had Belgian waffles and Brussels sprouts here in Belgium when I got here last November. Things happen back home in the Philippines and now am living along with my life here in Brussels.

It's dejavu actually. I've already lived abroad before to study, then work. in different parts of the world, different continents, countries and even in different parts of the Philippines.

All week last week was a hectic one for me. There was a round of heavy negotiations and delegates from back home came over. I was part of the negotiating team, being the representative here.

It makes me very proud to be Pinoy all the way really. Especially when your team is the one driving the point all the way home, while the rest of the other teams on our side just keep on asking whatever comes to mind. We leave the trivial and not so serious questions to the rest, but when it comes to hardhitting homeruns we deliver the goods and the other side just all of a sudden, doesn't know what hit them.

I know you don't know what am blabbering about, forgive me for yakking. This week, am sleeping all weekend to catch up, it was one helluva week indeed. Awake at 6 and back home at 11 geeeez, not to mention the obigatory cocktails and dinners and ek and ek. I miss my bed in Manila (Ortigas), but now my bed here (similar design, queen sized and much more chic) has also become my bed, and am as comfortable here as back home.

Am coming home soon, wow, for a significant amount of time, and I can't wait! hahaaaa, just when I've started to feel at home here.

I guess the world is a stage and my home is all of it.

arrivederci Don Miguel, il Signorino Filippino!

and oh yeah, am not as zonkked out yet as this kid, but close . . .





No comments: