Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Missed the damned bus . . .by a sec $%#$#^#@%$%#$^@$#%


I've always said it here, how I've always taken for granted life back home. ( yep, my blog muse named salma, is back from her cruise)

Take for instance, commuting in this city. Although the public transportation system is one of the best in the world here in Belgium, while ours back home is actually one of the worst, I still miss how you just get into your car to get somewhere, or hail one of about a few hundred thousand cabs in Manila for a pittance of the average cab ride fee here. (cabs are few and far between and have to be hailed at designated cab stops sparsely located in heaven knows where exactly)

To give you a glaring example of how oppressed I am here . . .

9:12 am you get into the elevator, down to the lobby of your building, you step out, and walk the 250 meters or so of slightly uphill sidewalk to the bus stop, when suddenly, the bus passes by you, slightly ahead of schedule just when you're still halfway and in perfect plain view of the said bus stop. What do you do? what do you do?

Belgians here run the 100 meter mad dash like crazy, ladies in their high heels and business suits or frompy skirts, men run, trot nay gallop in their leather soled shoes and business suits . . . but me? hell no way! I walk like there was hardly a care left in the world.

so, because of my luck, i end up waiting the full 10-20 minute wait until the next bus passes by. when am completely out of luck, I mistakenly ride the next bus, the wrong bus! and end up somewhere out of whack. hahaha.

that's why my past few blog entries were all about dreaming for my next car. dreaming is the operative word.


No comments: