Saturday, March 15, 2008

One Happy Seatmate

Of all the possible seatmates I could have had of about maybe 300 something passengers in my flight, i get to sit beside this one happy Vietnamese guy (in his mid 50's or 60's - with us asians, you'd never know for sure).

Why happy?

Well, we were served drinks upon take off, champagne, wine, soda, whatever . . . and he handily ordered 2 glasses of wine. hahaha

Then, not so long after, ipod plugged and ablast, he started to blurt out into song - some Vietnamese song, just one right after the other . . . and out loud. He was doing the entire redition of a cultural / traditional vietnamese song

I panicked and made faces a tthe aussie mom and son tandem across from us, I wanted to get a different seat and looked around frantically.

I stood up, talked to the flight attendant and he told me full flight today, instead he gave me earplugs.

then he and his daughter (i suppose, she looked less than half his age) tried to figure out how to put off their overhead lights. I was in the middle of watching Beuwolf (did i get the spelling?) and all of a sudden, he started to reach out to my control panel and pushed pushed and pushed away at the stop button stopping the movie I was watching. I gave him a glare and a "Hey what's up?" look with two my hands up in bewilderment, not mad though, how can you get mad at this really funny old man. I started to giggle instead. the guys in my row all started to laugh too.

And then in the middle of the night lights off,, through my earplugs and headphones in ful blastl I start hearing a melody, maybe something that went like this

Bao Giờ Biết Tương Tư

Sáng tác: NA Ngày nào cho tôi biết biết yêu em rồi
tôi biết tương tự..
Ngày nào biết mong chờ
biết rộn rã buồn vui đợi em dưới mưa
Ôi, biết đem tim này vắng như lòng giấy
Tình yêu lấp đầy
Rồi biết quên câu cười
biết cho đôi dòng lệ rơi
Tình yêu đã trở lại
đôi mắt đêm ngày vơi hết đọa đầy
Tà áo em phơi bày,�
ngón tay em dài, tiếng yêu không lời!
Ngày nào lòng tôi đã biết vui biết buồn
Ôm mối tương tư
Ngày nào cánh thiên đường đã mở hé
Tình yêu là trái táo thơm!
Tôi ghé răng cắn vào miệng môi ngọt đắng
Tình yêu cuối đường
là trối trăn cuối cùng
giấc mơ não nùng...vợi tan...





1 comment:

Lady Prism said...

ha! ha! ha!ha!..

Snooks..I hope I don't getta' sit down beside someone like that in my fight...