Saturday, January 19, 2008

My not so empty house anymore in Brussels


It's 4:50 a.m. here and I'm still up, although exhausted and very sleepy. I finally closed my IKEA purchases of furniture & things for my entire house.




I didn't realize you have to get everything yourself from their huge warehouse. Good thing Borj, my colleague at work, was there to baby-sit/encourage me, and two more filipino guys based here, Caloy and Allan, whom I hired to help with the delivery and assembly.








We hired this truck and also the external lift, because all my things will not be able to fin in the elevator in my building. Waaah at first I thought it was mission impossible, we never do this back home in Manila (waaaaaaaah) but hey now, my furniture are here already.

So My house went from looking like this:



To this:





I know I know, and I'll probably be in trouble with my mom for going against her opinion and buying all black. Black karlstad seats, black black. hehe. Bear with me guys I don't have the throw pillows and accessories yet, no frames of painting or photos, yet. wow, It seems really never ending. 2 Karlstad Fonce Gris Chairs, One Clippan Canape, and my philippine made Seaweed Chair, lack coffee and side tables.





This is how my dining area loooks like with the Bjursta Table and the Henriskdal Chair (extendable, 4-8 seats), just beside the balcony/ window. I'm at the 7th floor of my building (Next to the Penthouse) overlooking a park to the left, with a castle in it, that's now a school for the arts. (Park Duden, in Forest)



My all-white kitchen is not so empty anymore, I added this Breakfast table and funky orange chairs hehe. It's not yet done though.


This is my klippan sofa in black (you can replace the upholstery, its a slip-on, Mommy) which doubles into a sofabed, smartly crafted so it's totally not obvious. hehe





That's my bed above and the matching drawers. They're still not done yet, so this will do for now. hehe. I also have two wardrobes assembled, one has a mirror pair of doors, and the other in frosted glass.

The middle is a wood finish drawer where Ill put a tv on top.

Oh well, I just stayed up a bit more to type this in, goodnight!

- Don Miguel








No comments: