Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Royal Souvenir Confusion



Inscription reads:  His Majesty's 62nd Birthday




I was invited recently to a Diplomatic Reception for the birthday of the King of a rich little Kingdom at their Embassy here in Brussels. (The Lamb was Abso-friggin-lutely scrumptously delicious, by the way -- melts in your mouth like day-ummmm.) 

Anyway, upon our graceful exit (you are supposed to have one everytime in these diplomatic gatherings) the embassy staff handed us these souvenirs made up of Artificial-Flower-on-a-Stick-cum-Hardboiled-Egg-Hanging-On-the-Side. 

Now it's been a full day and a half since then, and I still can't - for the life of me - begin to fathom what this entire little ensemble is for. Do I eat the egg? Do I throw it away for fear that it will rot and stink up my entire pad? Do I break the egg and see if there is a diamond inside? Do I check if the two heart shaped little gems are precious? 

Can somebody please tell me what this is all about? Really, pretty please?



- Confused Don Miguel, il Signorino



No comments: