Sunday, July 13, 2008

Locked in

I was opening my door at the 7th floor of our Apartment Building after coming back from Sunday mass at Altitude Cent, when  I  heard this man's muffled voice, call for me.

"Monsieur, Monsieur s'il vous plais."(Mister Mister, please)

I looked at the hallway, I was sharing with the my neighbor at the other apartment, (there are only two apartments per floor), surprised because there was no one.   I looked at the empty elevator I just stepped out of, and I was sure no one rode up with me either.   But then I still heard the man call out to me still in the muffled voice, "Monsieur Monsieur, ici ici"  (Mister mister, here here)

Then I looked up to see if the ceiling port hole trapped some electrician . . .nope.  I checked to see the utility doors, none, no one. 

So I decided to go near the door of my neighbor. . . . True enough, it was he indeed.

He got trapped inside, locked in, by a defective key hole.  Yikes, Isn't that dangerous?

I tried to push against the door, turn the knob, put in my own key, to no avail.  

Finally he pushed his key to me, under the door.  and Voila, I was able to "free" him from that  rather claustrophobic moment.   Only he knows how long he was trying to get out.

I told him in my still basic French,   "Je crois que c'est un petite dangereux, Monsieur"   

He said, Oui Oui and said his thanks and Merci (Thanks) and locked himself inside again.

WTF? 

hehe Oh well.  

No comments: