Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Ladies with the Typewriters

Back in freshman year in college, there were ladies on the sidewalk booths on Estrada near Taft Avenue, offering their typing services, handy portable  typewriters in tow.  (Probably an instant term paper on the economics of the laos, A plagiarized Thesis on the Witches of Siquijor, etc.)

I always thought that if something happened and I had to stop school, got lost or had amnesia or something, I will always survive because I'm a touch typist (can type 85 words or more per minute without looking, you don't lose this skill even if amnesia hit you)  and I can probably do the same thing for a living.   

After a while, computers changed the way things were done and now I wonder what ever happened to those ladies and their livelihood.  tsk tsk 

(This entry probably dates me, but hey, I am peter pan after all)


No comments: