Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Encore une Fois

Have you ever been to a place and wondered how you got there? I remember distinctly when I was a kid of around 4 or 5 years old back at our old house, seated on my favorite yellow chair, how I'd kinda mark that certain point in time and place in my memory and thought that one day when I'm all grown up, I'd always look back and remember this little kid, seated on this little yellow chair at that exact moment.  I dunno how I came up with that idea, but it  seems like it became a certain time portal for me to always go back to. 

And oh yes I did, I still do.  At certain stages of my life, I've always had that flashback, somehow connecting to that little Don Miguel, seated on that little yellow chair at that point in time.

Sometimes, I wonder how I got here, but then again, life is a complex interconnection of countless crossroads.  Everytime you are at a crossroad you decide which path to take, it's just interesting how it all works  out (or not) and brings you to where you are now.

It's like those "Choose your own Adventure" books back when I was in grade school, (that I and my childhood pals, my friends for life to this day, were crazy for back in the day)  Every decision you took at a page where choices had to be made meant a different ending for the character in the story you are reading.  

"If you say, yes take me to Captain Fish Eye"  go to page 23
"If you try to break loose from the pirates' clutches"  go to page 42
"if you try to pretend to be from another country and speak gibberish" go to page 24


The only difference though is that life has no rewinds, not like those books which, we used to mark with all ten fingers, just to go back to that page where you can choose a different path, and hopefully come to a better, or a more adventurous ending.

So if you've gone this far, and you figure out that "Hey, you're okay today, after all"  you must have been doing the right thing all along.  There are about a dozen right things, and no one thing is the only right choice. Otherwise, you should be in deep shit right now.

So, If you were at  a crossroads of your life, one boring evening, and decided to read this blog entry.  Try to track back quickly, because you really should be doing something else besides reading a bored dude's rumblings.



No comments: