Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Sorry to burst your bubble, Mike"

I still remember what one of my other filipino batchmates (who studied in Spain that year the same year I did) said to me, "Sorry to burst your bubble, Mike" that sort of thing doesn't happen.

She was based in Madrid, and I was studying in Alicante. We were chatting over yahoo messenger and she asked me what I planned to do after business school. I told her, that I would want to be based in Manila, but represent a Spanish company, earning in Euros.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, Mike" was her quick retort to my answer.

Well, it's been almost 6 years now and it definitely wasn't my bubble that got burst (I held a job representing a spanish brand in Asia for four years, before I decided to move on) and indeed I got what I wished for. (I've moved on since, to do other pursuits)

I guess my point in this little anecdote is that, you should never let anyone tell you what you can not do. Look to the bright side, be always positive and just do it. Things will all come into place, with the help of the big Guy upstairs of course.







No comments: