Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The crazy lady I bumped into in Maribor, Slovenia

We had a Caucus this afternoon at three that ended around five. The next sched was departure for a dinner with the Mayor of Maribor somewhere else, at 7pm, so I decided to troop back to my hotel room from the convention hall, just about a couple of minutes' walk.

I passed a small bridge in a garden and there was a lady, in her mid forties who had flowers in her hand and she smiled at me. So the nice guy that I am, I smiled back. She's rather thin and pale, and she seemed like she came from a hike in Pohorje's mountains at the back of Habakuk hotel. "chinese? japanese?" "chinese, japanese?" she asked twice, when I did not seem to mind her the first time, so the proud pinoy that I am, turned her way, while walking the path to my hotel, and said, "Nope, Filipino" with my usual pa-cute smiling face. then I went on along my way. "she advanced towards me and shook my hand, "Oh, filipino!" then grumbled something about some lady filipino who works in some place she knew. (I swear we ARE everywhere!)

And so I was sensing something wrong so I continued my way. "So you live here? what are you doing here?"

I replied, "nope, I'm just here for a convention."

"What about?"

I said, "Asia Europe Senior Official's Meeting on Trade and Investments" pointing to the banner that announced our meeting in front of the hotel lobby.

"Oooooh" she said, "tell, them, We are all one in this world" and repeated shouting "WE ARE ALL ONE IN THIS WORLD"

ngeeeeeeeeeee

so I said, "Ok, I really have to go now" and hurried along my path to my room, walking briskly.

Then I heard her steps, taking up her pace, from slow, to fast, to faster and faster and running, behind me. WTF!!!! She was running after me, while I was trying to walk fast with all dignity in my suit and long coat and all that.

waaaaaaaaaaaaah, dthud thud thud, i could hear my heartbeat

When I reached the side door of the hotel, oddly enough, we were provided keys to the side door. I was reaching fumbling for the keys in my man-bag and she was pacing nearer and nearer to where I was, waaaaaaaah. finally after what seemed forever, I managed to open the door just as she was behind me, I quickly entered, without looking behind me, and closed the door on her face. waaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I ran-walked to the hall and up to my room, fumbled with the keys again, while I can heear her ringing the doorbell for the receptionist, I opened my door, and locked it with the keys from the inside.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

anyway, after a few minutes, I called the lady at the side reception, and she told me the lady with flowers in her hand was finally gone. whew. She was looking for the hotel boss, the receptionist told me.

now, what if she's there again later when I go back to my room after dinner at 1030pm?

yikes!!!!!!!!!

help! help don Miguel! hehehe

loony people are everywhere, I swear! waaaaaaaaaaaah



No comments: