Friday, October 26, 2007

Tanya (in Africa) is finally coming home for good (I hope)




my childhood pal Tanya's finally had some sense knocked up her her head and she's coming home for good (i hope) on the 10th of November. While I, on the other hand, am leaving for Brussels on November the 5th. Waaah, we won't get that get together before I leave . . . maybe in January, when I'll be home for a couple of days for a meeting . . .




she keeps a wonderful blog about her life in the African Bush (Iko Esai, Cross River State, Nigeria, where they are fond of kidnapping pinoys.)


Tanya's always been an outdoors person, even back in Roxas City in high school/ college, she's had that stallion named macho and she would ride him along the beach . . . then in college she was with Loyola Mountaineering to the dismay of her really prim and proper mom, Tita Rose. Then she worked her life for Haribon Foundation, swimming with the whales and helping conserve tribal communities , cloud rats and watersheds. Finally she volunteered with VSO and got sent to very remote Nigeria, far far away from Abuja the capital. Crazy girl, I admire her anyway though. hehe

No comments: