Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Coding Day Monday

Yesterday, Monday was coding day for my car. (in the philippines, and in the world's great metropolises, they have coding days for cars. You can't use your car once a week or so depending on the code. For example, on Mondays, cars with license plates ending in 1 and 2 are not allowed on the roads, etc.) Froilan, the colleague I always hitch with on Mondays to a spot near my house, had to work late all of a sudden. Traffic was a bitch and getting a cab was next to impossible. It wasn't very hot so I decided to walk to the nearest MRT station (that's what we call our Metro) on EDSA cor. Buendia, like the countles times I do so while in Europe. I actually enjoyed the walk, it was about to rain then, but it din't even drizzle the whole time I was walking, all in all it was pleasant, and practically my first time to walk that stretch of Makati along Buendia, from Paseo de Roxas.

When I reached the Metro station, It was ok, the line to the ticket booth wasn't that long either. The train ride was actually another experience all by itself. At first, when the first train stopped to pick up passengers, I did not come up . . . too full, I thought. Then the next, the same situation as the last one, it was so full of people in business attire. Finally I had to take the next train even if it was filled to the glass window panes. Horror of Horrors I think i felt violated. It was jampacked like crazy. Everyone is intimately pressed against each other inside the train. Since I was a little bit taller than most, I was able to hold on to the ceiling, but I saw the shorter ones immobilized by the sheer ridiculousness of it all. Some folks had there faces stuck into the armpits of the taller guy beside them, ewwwwww. hahaha.

Anyway, I think I learned my lesson. I will not catch the metro when it's rush hour ever again. But I still am resolved to use it once in a while when the conditions are better. like riding on a weekend or a holiday from shang mall to Trinoma for example.

Imagine the picture with times ten the number of passengers with eyes not as chinky eyed as those of the ones here.

No comments: