Monday, January 26, 2009

I Amsterdammed! (Jan. 2009)



I finally decided to drive over for the weekend to The Hague, where my old buddy Mike S. is based while interning for the ICC. (International Criminal Court), and the day after I arrived, we decided to spend our Saturday's waking hours with a train hop to Amsterdam. I decided not to bring my car as Amsterdam is a very expensive city to park in - around 3-5 euros per hour, I think.

If I thought I walked a lot in The Hague the day before, I guess I didn't see it coming because we must've walked around Amsterdam and back again the whole afternoon, from about 12 noon up till 5pm, through the red light district, the canals and China town, even all the way up to the Flower Market.

The gals over at the famous window displays would tap at the glass everytime we passed 'em -- they probably thought we were some rich japanese tourists in for the red light fun. haha. And even if I were a rich Japanese tourist into this sort of thing. the gals ranged from tall, fat, thin, ageing, ugly to heavily made up - most of them were at the ageing side too. tsk tsk.

I also passed the place where the gals of Project Runway USA of a recent cycle posed in some designer clothes . . . it's now a boutique, the place where they were posing.

Oh well I got Amsterdammed this weekend and it definitely was a good break for me . . . the first one since my month long grand holiday vacation back home in the Philippines . . .

No comments: