Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Session with the Guidance Counsellor

back in College in De La Salle U, part of the requirement for shifting majors was to have a session with College Guidance Counsellor.  In our case, in the College of Business Economics, it was a lady named Ampy something whom I have never met before.

here's how it went:

I enter the Office of the CBE Guidance Counsellor.  She was seated behind her desk  and I sat on the chair  in front of her rather messy desk.   There was some violin music playing in the background, in poor cracking quality, which reminded me of Count Dracula.   Her face was a tad bit too light with probably too much face power, and exaggerated and heavily-drawn eyebrows.  She had something by her lower lip that looked to me like some cold sore.  

Me:  Goodmorning Ms. ________. 

Guidance Counsellor:  Sit down.  What can I do for you today? (One heavy eyebrow raised at me)

Me:  Ummm, I was asked to come here as a requirement.  I'm shifting.

Guidance Counsellor:  Oh ok. So, you think your decision is for the best?

Me:  Yes, Ms. 

Guidance Counsellor:  (Two eyebrows raised this time, the violin music in the background hits a high note in a crescendo)  Yes, Ms? that's all you can tell me?

Me:  I'm just answering your question, Ms.

Guidance Counsellor:  (leans on her desk and stares at me). So why do you hate your current major, hmmm?

Me:  I don't I just decided that I want to shift because I want to go to law school after college.

Guidance Counsellor:  And you think this will be better for you?  

Me:   Yes.

Guidance Counsellor:  What?

Me:  Yes Ms.

Guidance Counsellor:  Ok, I'll sign this.  But think about it.  You may go.

I was out of there in no time.  WTF??? I still say WTF to this day.  that still gives me the creeps.





No comments: