Thursday, December 20, 2007

2nd Christmas Away from Home

This will be my second Christmas away from home. The first one was when I was studying in Spain and I spent it in Barcelona back in 2002. This time, I really can't hack going home even if i decided to spend on the outrageous prices because I just assumed my post here last November 6th and I am supposed to fly to Manila in late January for a Meeting.

I thought it will be a bit away from the mad christmas dash for me this time but no. Right now, I'm panicking with Christmas shopping online for my dear ones at home, and also for my newfound family and friends here in Brussels.

So last night after work, we had to rush to Chausee d'Ixelles for some major Christmas shopping for gifts, and I had the chance to use my brand new Belgian ING Bank gold visa. hehehe. I din't bye anything for me because after the holiday's they'll have a great big sale at about 40% off, plus my 21% diplomatic exemption from the VAT that's a whole lotta shopping for me hehehe but soon not now.

I got invited to an all expat yuppie party (kuno), - mostly made up of europeans, brits, germans, etc. - get together tonight at Club Mirano by my young and pretty realtor, Marie of Foncia Immobilie (Real Estate Agency). ( I transacted my 3 year pad rental from them. ) So I'm also going out tonight. My first real clubbing in Brussels since I got here. The pass is your calling card and they decide if they'll let you in hahaha. I guess they won't decline entry to a Commercial Attache? hehehe. Am in black suit and silver tie and with my best watch nyaks.

My posts have been scarce lately because of all this kaguluhan. hehehe.

In case I don't get to post before (which I doubt), Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Spunkin' Brand New Year!

Happy Holidays Mates!


No comments: