Friday, October 17, 2008

An Ode of Gratitude to Ms. Pinky Marquez: The Lady with a Golden Voice and a Golden Heart.

About three or four years ago, my pals and myself were lining up at the ticket booth of the then newer Greenbelt 3 Cinemas.   (Yep, back in Manila, I used to watch movies 2x or 3x a week -- except of course if nothing interesting was showing. Here in Europe, I only watch movies with my expat pals once in a blue moon  because of the prohibitive cost-- but that's another story.)  In front of us in the queue was a beautiful lady who looked familiar and her son.  When it was their turn at the counter, she had what seemed like lots of free movie tickets and it took her a much longer time to finish their business with the ticket lady. My pals and I were growing impatient but said nothing. Until suddenly she turned to me and gave me three tickets. 

I was surprised and embarrased at the same time, I said thank you and offered to pay for the  tickets. She said, no it's okay, you and your friends have enjoy the movie.  And then she and her teener son left happily with a smile. 

I asked my friends, do you know her? I think she looks famous.   One of them answered, "We just got treated to a free movie by Pinky Marquez, Mike."

So here it is.  I'm here to tell my tale and this grand lady's little act of kindness, no matter how belatedly it is.   Ms. Pinky Marquez, Ma'am, Don Miguel Thanks you from the bottom of his heart.   Not only do you have a golden voice, and a pretty face, you also have a wonderful heart.  Muchissimas Gracias!  Thank you very very much all the way from Brussels, Belgium and that one movie night  - Don Miguel, il Signorino.

(If you know Ms. Marquez, or if anyone of her family or close googles her and somehow gets to this entry, please pass the message on for me.)






No comments: